Gomutra (Gau-Ark) Information and Medicinal Uses
Gau (cow) is a scared animal and considered mother in Hinduism. The five products obtained from cow are called Panchgavya. These five substance are urine, milk, ghee, curd and dung. Panchgavya therapy or cowpathy is used in the treatment of many diseases. It shows beneficial effect even in cancer and AIDS.
The urine of Indian cow is called Gau-mutra or Gomutra. It is extensively used in Ayurveda to treat curable and incurable diseases. In India, drinking of Gomutra has been practiced for thousands of years.
The use of Gomutra for therapeutic use is mentioned in several ancient holy Hindu texts such as Ved, Manu Smriti, Charka Samhita, Sushrut Samhita, Vridhabhagabhatt, and many more. Sushrut Samhita describes Gomutra as the most effective substance of animal origin with innumerable therapeutic values. It is one which enhances digestive power, improves intellect, increases pitta and controls kapha and vata doshas. It is indicated in shool, gulma roga, anah, for purgation, in asthapana vasti and in all those diseases which are curable with urine therapy. In Charak Samhita, the use of gomutra is mentioned for treating kushtha (obstinate skin diseases including leprosy), itching and abdominal diseases.
Gau-mutra is used to treat blood pressure, blockage in arteries, arthritis, diabetes, heart attack, cancer, thyroid, asthma, psoriasis, eczema, prostrate, fits, AIDS, piles, migraine, ulcers, acidity, constipation, gynecological problems, ear and nose problems and several other diseases.
It is used both internally and externally. Externally it is used as bath and lotion. It is combined with other ingredients and used to treat obstinate skin diseases such as leucoderma. Many scientific researches proves the medicinal importance of gau-mutra.
The ark of Gomutra is known as Gaumutra Arka/Gomuta Ark (Distilled Cow urine). It is prepared from cow urine. Although medicinal properties of ark are not= same as fresh cow urine or asava as some of the components are lost during processing but still it is the most popular way to take go mutra due to its easy availability. In Ayurveda, Gau-mutra is also used for detoxification of bhalataka (Semecarpus anacardium), lauh (iron), silver, aconite (Aconitum napellus) etc.
Constituents in Gau-mutra/Cow’s urine
Studies show gau-mutra consists of 95% water, 2.5% urea and the remaining 2.5%, a mixture of minerals, salts, hormones and enzymes.
|Quantitative Chemical Constitution of Cow Urine:-|
|Urea nitrigen||23-28 ml/kg/day|
|Ammonia nitrogen||1.0-1.7 ml/kg/day|
|Total nitrogen||40- 45 ml/kg/day|
|Uric acid||1-4 mg/kg/day.|
|Alkaline Phosphotase||110.110 KA Unit|
|Acid Phosphotase||456.620 XA unit|
|Free volatile phenol||0.7130mg|100ml|
|Compound volatile phenol||1.3420mg|100ml|
|Aromatic hydroxy acid||2.7030mg|100ml|
Medicinal properties of Gau mutra
Go mootra contains about twenty-four types of salts. Ayurvedic medicines made from it are used to cure several diseases. It is useful in all kind of skin diseases like itching, sunburns, eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc. It has beneficial effect in abdominal diseases, heart diseases, kidney ailments, vata rog, abdominal dropsy and tuberculosis. It contains urea, creatinine, swarn kshar (aurum hydroxide), carbolic acid, phenols, calcium and manganese. It has strong antimicrobial and germicidal properties. Presence of uric acid and allantoin, gives it anticancer properties. Swarn kshar makes it immunity booster and allantoin fastens wound healing process. High concentration of nitrogen gives it renal stimulant property. Uric acid, phosphates and hippuric acid gives it diuretic property. Presence of copper and calcium promote its anti-obesity and skeletal/ bone health effect. Aurum hydroxide and copper act as antidotes for various poisons in the body. Gau-mutra oral administration lowers cholesterol, improves memory, and slows ageing. It improves the functioning of liver and gives strength to brain, heart. It helps body to get rid of poisonous residues.
|Properties of Cow Urine due to its constituents|
|Urea||Strong antimicrobial Agent|
|Uric acid||Antimicrobial activity helps to control infections|
|Nitrogen||Diuretic stimulates Kidney|
|Copper||Controls fat deposition|
|Carbolic Acid||Antibacterial, prevents Gas, purifies blood|
|Iron||Production of RBC in blood|
|Sulphur||Purifies blood;increases intestinal peristalsis|
|Sugar-Lactose||Prevents thirst and Giddiness|
|Potassium||Appetizer;eliminates muscles Fatigue|
|Aurum hydroxide||Antibacterial;improves immunity;acts as antidote (Swarna Kshar)|
|Anticancer substances||Prevents multiplication of carcinogenic cells|
|Ammonia||Helps to maintain Integrity of body tissue and blood|
|Enzyme-urokinase||Dissolves blood clot;improves heart disease;blood circulation|
|Erythropoietin stimulating factor||Production of RBCs|
|Gonadotropins||Promotes menstrual cycle;sperm production.|
|Vitamin A, B, C, D, and E||Prevent excessive thirst;infuse vigor and vitality|
Benefits of taking Gau-mutra
Gomutra is effective as medicine as it has following effects on body
Ayurveda says the cause of all diseases is the imbalance in tri-doshas. Cow urine balances the tridosas, thus diseases are cured.
It is antimicrobial, germicide, antibiotic, antiseptic and disinfectant.
It is active against both gram-positive as well as gram-negative bacteria.
It increases the phagocytic activity of macrophages and thus helpful against bacterial infections.
It also facilitates the synthesis of interleukin-1 and interleukin-2, augments Band T-lymphocyte blastogenesis, and IgA, IgM and IgG antibody titers.
It purifies body and removes toxins. Gomutra is boon for liver it corrects functioning of liver.
It deworms the body. Worms inside body are responsible for variety of diseases.
It is an antioxidant and bioavailability enhancer.
Since gau-mutra destroys all the pathogenic organisms inside body, this gives body ability to restore normal health.
Medicinal uses of Gau-mutra or Cow’s Urine
Gomutra is a time-tested medicine and it is proven to be effective in treatment of cough, dysmenorrhoea, migraine/headache, constipation, thyroid and skin diseases like eczema, ringworm, and itching, acne, cancer, heart diseases, musculoskeletal disorders, male sexual disorders, AIDS, diabetes mellitus, blood disorders, respiratory disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, endocrine disorders, gynaecological disorders, opthalmic disorders, psychiatric disorders, urological disorders, asthma, kidney shrinkage, hepatic disorders etc.
- Kidney stone, gall bladder stone:Intake of fresh cow urine, empty stomach in the morning for three weeks helps in stones. Uric acid in cow urine dissolves these stones to a manageable size.
- Liver diseases, cirrhosis, enlargement of liver and spleen: Daily intake of 30-60ml of cow urine is useful to treat diseases of liver.
- Arthritis pain: Externally, foment the affected area with Gomutra. Internally, drink Gomutra. In winter, take with dry ginger powder (1 g).
- Obesity, weight loss: Add 2-4 spoon Gomutra in one cup water. Mix lemon juice and honey and take empty stomach.
- Tooth-ache, pyorrhea: Rinse mouth with go mutra.
- Heart diseases: Take 2-4 spoon gomutra two-three times a day.
- Diabetes, asthma: Take 10-20 ml gomutra daily.
- Constipation: Take 30 ml fresh gomutra, add salt and drink.
- Gas: Add salt, lemon juice in half cup gomutra and dink.
- Skin diseases: Take gomutra along with Neem and Giloy decoction., Externally, make a paste of krishna jeera and gomutra and apply.
- Intestinal parasites: Take 1/2 teaspoon ajwain churna with 4 spoon Gomutra for one week.
- Leucoderma: Make a paste of Bavchi beej in go mutra and apply on affected area.
- Filaria, Haathipaav: Drink gomutra empty stomach in the morning.
- Itching: Make a paste of neem leaves and gomutra and apply.
United States Patients regarding Cow-Urine
Recently two US patents have been granted to Indian scientists for its medicinal properties, particularly for its use along with antibiotics for the control of bacterial infection and fight against cancers.
Dose and Method of Use of Cow Urine
Go mutra should only be taken from healthy cow. Do not consume urine of unhealthy or pregnant cow.
Fresh urine should be filtered through clean cloth for 4-10 times before use.
It is best to take go mutra empty stomach early morning, for adults recommended dosage is 10 to 20 ml and for kids 5ml. Start from low dose and gradulally increase the dose.
Do not eat anything for one hour after taking Gomutra.
Go mutra can be taken by any healthy individual. This improves the health and protects body from diseases.
Essentially, cow urine is used as disinfectant and for purification.
In few case side effects may occur (diarrhea, itch, pain, fatigue, soreness of the shoulder, fever, etc.) which appears more frequently in patients suffering long term or more serious illnesses. These few side-effects abates after few days. When these symptoms occur the patient should reduce the dose of the cow urine and after 3-4 days when these symptoms remains cure the patient can start the cow urine in full dose. The continuation of therapy eventually makes one healthy.
Scientific research proves only urine of Indian cows is effective in treatment of diseases. The urine of crossbred, exotic cows, buffaloes etc. have almost nil or few medicinal properties.
Today many AIDS patients are taking cow urine therapy. People who were suffering with migraine and headache for the past 15 years have recovered within six months of taking this therapy. Whether it is the question of relieving tension or improving the memory power. In the past few years the Cow Urine Treatment and Research Center, Indore has treated one and half lakhs of people. Out of the total patients 85 to 90 percent were patients of constipation there is an old saying that if the stomach is clean half of the diseases get cured automatically. The patient taking cow urine therapy says that he is enjoying sound health and passing bowels easily within one month of this therapy.
- Cow urine has amazing germicidal power to kill varieties of germs. All germ generated diseases are thus destroyed.
- According to Ayurveda the cause of all diseases is the imbalance in three faults (tri-dosas) i.e. mucous, bile and air. Cow urine balances the tri-dosas, thus diseases are cured.
- Cow urine corrects functioning of liver. So, liver makes healthy pure blood. It gives disease resistance power to the body.
- There are some micro nutrients in our body, which give life strength. These micro nutrients are flushed out through urine. Therefore gradually ageing steps in our body. Cow urine has all elements, which compensate for deficiency of nutrients in our body, which are required for healthy life. Thus Cow urine stops ageing process. So it is called an elixir and also life giving.
- Cow urine contains many minerals especially Copper, gold salts, etc. It compensates for bodily mineral deficiency. Presence of gold salts protects body against diseases.
- Mental tension hurts nervous system. Cow urine is called medhya and hradya, which means it, gives strength to brain and heart. Thus cow urine protects heart and brain from damages caused by mental tension and protects these organs from disorders and diseases.
- Excessive use of any medicine leaves some residue in our body. This residue causes diseases. Cow urine destroys the poisonous effects of residues and makes body disease free.
- Electric currents (rays) which are present in the environment keep our body healthy. These rays in form of extremely small currents enter our body through Copper in our body. We get Copper from cow urine. To attract these electric waves is quality of Copper. Thus we become healthy.
- By acting against the voice of soul (immoral & sinful action), the heart and mind become narrow minded. Due to this the functioning of body is effected and causes diseases. Cow urine provides mode of goodness. Thus helps us to perform correct activities by mind. Thus protects from diseases.
- In scriptures some diseases are said to be due to sinful actions performed in previous lives which we have to bear. Ganga resides in cow urine. Ganga is destroyer of sins, thus cow urine destroys such previous sins and so diseases are cured.
- The diseases caused by entrance of ghosts in body are cured by intake of cow urine. The Master of ghosts is Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva holds Ganga on his head. Ganga is in cow urine also. Thus by taking cow urine, the ghosts get to see Ganga over their master’s head. So they are calmed and become peaceful. So they do not trouble the body. Thus, diseases caused by entrance of ghosts are also destroyed.
- By regularly taking cow urine before sickness, we get so much immunity that any attack of diseases is repulsed.
- Cow urine being miraculous poison destroyer, destroys the disease caused by poison (Toxin). Extremely dangerous chemicals are purified by cow urine. Cow urine provides immunity power by increasing resistance power against diseases in human body. It is anti toxin.
- “Sarve rogaah hi mandagnau” All diseases begin with mandagni (Low fire i.e. digestive capacity). If fire is strong, diseases won’t occur. Cow urine keeps the fire strong.
Charak Samhita English Translation By Bhagwan Das
Sushruta Samhita By Ambikadutta Shastri
Astanga Hridaya By Atrideva Gupta
Go- Vigyan Anusandhan Kenda.Academic Journal Of Cancer Research
Rss-Sponsored Cow Urine
International Journal Of Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences: Diversified Uses Of Cow Urine Ipsita Mohanty, Manas Ranjan Senapati, Deepika Jena And Santwana Palai
International Journal Of Cow Science, Panchgavya (Cowpathy): An Overview K Dhama, Rajesh Rathore, Rs Chauhan And Simmi Tomar
International Journal Of Pharmaceutical Science Invention Clinical Evaluation Of Cow-Urine Extract Special Reference To Arsha (Hemorrhoids) Dr. Omaprakash W.Talokar, Dr.Archana R. Belge, Dr.Raman S. Belge
International Journal Of Immunopathology And Pharmacology Antimicrobial Property Of A Herbal Preparation Containing Dalbergia Sissoo And Datura Stramonium With Cow Urine Against Pathogenic Bacteria H. Yadav, M. Yadav, S. Jain, A. Bhardwaj, V. Singh, O. Parkash And F. Marotta
Immunomodulatory And Antioxidant Effect Of Gomutra Ark In Rats. D D Gosavi, D Sachdev, K Salwe